Accuphase :: DC-950 mdsd Precision Digital Processor
Digital processor designed for ultimate SA-CD quality. Innovative digital signal processing technology MDSD (Multiple Double Speed DSD). Moving-average filter circuit configured with delay and eight parallel converters achieves straight D/A conversion of DSD signal. Seven digital inputs for enhanced versatility.
The DC-950 showcases Accuphase´s mastery of sophisticated digital technology and creative circuit topology. It is a digital processor designed to realize the ultimate in SA-CD reproduction.
A new technique called MDSD (Multiple Double Speed DSD) allows straight D/A conversion of the DSD signal. MDSD employs eight MDS++ type D/A converters operating in parallel to reduce conversion errors to an absolute minimum while at the same acting as a high-cut filter that removes noise in the high-frequency range. The Direct Balanced Filter is configured with entirely separate balanced and unbalanced signal paths, and a further refined "Ultra Jitter-Free +" PLL circuit extracts the master clock for the D/A converter with absolute precision. The overall result is music reproduction that finally brings out the full sonic potential of the SA-CD format.
For connectivity to various sources, the DC-950 offers a full complement of digital inputs: HS-Link, balanced, coaxial (3 streams), and optical (2 streams). This allows the music data to be supplied to the processor without any degradation in quality. Two sets of digital outputs (coaxial and optical) let the user easily connect a digital recorder, for recording of sources other than SA-CD. And there´s even a set of EXTERNAL DSP input/output connectors that allows using the Digital Voicing Equalizer DG-48 for sound field processing in the digital domain.
- MDSD (Multiple Double Speed DSD) implements innovative digital signal processing
- MDS++ D/A converter with eight DACs driven in parallel
- "Ultra Jitter-Free +" PLL circuit
- "Direct Balanced Filter" provides totally separate analog low-pass filtering for balanced and unbalanced signal paths
- Digital level control allows adjustment down to -80 dB
- D/A converter printed circuit boards made from Teflon (glass fluorocarbon resin) with low dielectric constant and low loss
*Teflon is a registered trademark of DuPont USA
- EXTERNAL DSP input/output connectors allow insertion of DG-38 in signal path
- Seven digital inputs: HS-Link, coaxial (3 streams), optical (2 streams), balanced
- Coaxial and optical digital outputs
- Balanced and unbalanced analog outputs (1 each)
- Digital inputs: HS-Link, BALANCED, COAXIAL, OPTICAL
- Sampling frequencies 32 kHz, 44,1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88,2 kHz, 96 kHz [HS-Link only: 176,4 kHz, 192 kHz, 2,8224 MHz]
- Frequency response 0,5 - 50 000 Hz +0, -3,0 dB
- THD 0.0006% (20 to 20 000 Hz)
- S/N ratio 117 dB
- Dynamic range 117 dB
- Channel separation 113 dB
- Rated output 2,5 V (balanced, unbalanced)
- Input selector
- Output level control
- EXT DSP button
- Digital inputs: HS-Link, BALANCED, COAXIAL (3 inputs), COAXIAL (2 inputs)
- Digital outputs: COAXIAL, OPTICAL
- EXTERNAL DSP input/output
- Balanced outputs
- Remote commander RC-100 (supplied with DP-800) allows input switching, output level adjustment, etc.
- Maximum dimensions: 477 (W) x 156 (H) x 393 (D) mm
- Mass: 22,3 kg